Welcome to the governor information pages. The governors play a very important role in the life of the school, working alongside the Headteacher and the staff to ensure that high levels of attainment and achievement are attained. They set budgets and agree major items of expenditure. The governing body has clearly stated legal obligations and functions but the reality is that we are here because we care for the school and it’s children and want it to continue to thrive in our community.
Our governing body is made up of 6 governors, the Headteacher and is supported by a clerk. They come from a diverse range of backgrounds and have a variety of skills. To find out more about the governors and their roles within the school, please look on the ‘Meet the Governors’ page.
There are no subsequent Finance, Curriculum and Learning or Staffing Committees.
We are a small board and we will all take an interest in Finance, Premises, and Staffing, this will be done
- To avoid repetition between meetings
- To allow decisions to be made immediately rather than having to be passed through several committees
- To reduce the time burden on key governors
- To ensure that every governor had an understanding of the full range of GB responsibilities, enabling more informed and rounded decisions
- To ensure rapid turnaround of changes and actions generated at meetings
Should you at any time wish to send a letter to our school governors, you are welcome to write to them via our school office:-
Kay Lovegrove Chair of Governors
c/o New Bolsover Primary school
New station Road