We have a 52 place purpose built Nursery, which offers 30 hour funded places. Please contact the school to find out more.
Our Reception class is in the main school building.
New Bolsover Primary School believes that every child deserves the best possible start in life, and the support that enables them to fulfil their potential. We follow the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) which sets the standards to ensure that children learn and develop well and are kept healthy and safe. We promote teaching and learning to ensure children are school ready and give children a broad range of knowledge and skills that provide the right foundation for good future progress through school and life.
Following the EYFS curriculum, we plan for;
- Quality and consistency across the early years setting
- A secure foundation through planning for the learning and development of each and every child
- Partnership working between practitioners and parents/carers
- Equal opportunities to ensure every child is included and supported.
Day after day, we’re shaping happy, confident and resilient learners who discover through their play.
The curriculum plans through Prime areas;
- communication and language
- physical development
- personal, social and emotional development
and Specific areas;
- understanding the
- expressive arts and design
Within these areas of learning we plan to meet the individual developmental needs of the children and provide a challenging and enjoyable experience for each child in all areas of learning. A particular importance is the developing of language and extending children’s vocabulary.
Phonics and Early Reading
From reception onwards, children start the Little Wandle, Letters and Sounds revised scheme of work. Children are taught sounds and words enabling them to blend and read words and sentences independently. (See English page)
- Children are confident, school ready individuals.
- Children can play and share happily
- Children recognise emotions of others and learn to regulate their own emotions
- Children begin to problem solve and work collaboratively
- Children are mark making with a purpose and are working towards applying their phonics in reception to write
- They settle well into school life and are able to express their wants and needs to adults.