Vision for PE
Our vision at New Bolsover Primary School is for all children to have the opportunity to enjoy and have positive attitudes towards PE through developing knowledge, skills and motivation to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity.
PE is a statutory subject and it is much safer and more hygienic if pupils are wearing the appropriate outfit. PE kit consists of a plain (preferably white) T-shirt, shorts and pumps for inside. For outdoor lessons, pupils may wear a sweatshirt and tracksuit bottoms or leggings and trainers.
Through Physical Education and sport we aim to improve:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school.
- the profile of PE and sport and inclusion of active learning across all areas of the curriculum.
- confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
- the breadth of experience and range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
- participation in competitive sport.
The importance of pupils participating in regular PE and sport activity has been widely recognised for a number of years. The Government has set aside significant funds to enable primary schools to further develop their PE and sport provision. Our Sport Premium Plan can be viewed in the Statutory Information section of the website.
Please ensure your child has their PE kit in school!!